Oct 31, 2010

Pepe

Today I was reminded of Pepe. All the memories came flooding back. He and I spent so much time together, I felt it my duty to share our story with the world, which came to an abrupt end.

I first met Pepe while I was in my mission in Guatemala. He came to me while I was playing with cats on the street, and remained there for about 6 months. No matter how hard I tried, Pepe stayed; he loved me that much. No matter what the nurse gave me, it faded away for a little while, only to suddenly come back with reborn love.

Yes, Pepe was a ring worm on my left arm. I don't know how it suddenly died during my first couple of weeks back home. But even the cool scar he left me has faded by now, leaving me with only a heart full of memories (romantic background song). Oh, Pepe, you were definitely my favorite pet in the mission! How I miss you!

2 comments:

Mike and Becky's Family said...

Gross!!! I told you not to play with the animals. Remember those head lice?

Karla Fonseca said...

First of all, I remember you and Pepe having a blast together. And second, there was no need to remind me of the lice, I had blocked that memory...so thank you for that.