Nov 7, 2010

Waiting for the splash

Thanks to some recommendations from a couple of friends, I decided to go see the Blue Man Group show this week. Because of the trailers I had seen from the show, I guess I had incredibly high expectations. I even got tickets in the fourth row from the stage, which is called the Poncho section. They post on their website that they "strongly suggest that you do not wear clothing that you consider nice or valuable," and they even provide everyone on the section with ponchos.

I must admit that I decided not to wash my hair that day, in preparation for the supposedly "messy" night that was awaiting me. I eagerly put my poncho on the minute I reached my seat and, at some point during the show, where it looked like a multicolor rain was about to reach me, I excitedly uncovered my hair. But alas!, the show was interrupted at that very second by some 'late arrivals', which I strongly suspect were all just part of the show.

I'm still waiting to get wet. I guess I'll have to wait until it rains in Vegas.

Disclaimer: Aside from the fact that it probably won't get messy, the show is still very good, and it provides with a good almost 2 hours of laughing. I did not get paid to write the above review.

No comments: