Nov 14, 2010

A Christmas miracle

You remember this post in July, when I was on the verge of suicide due to my failed attempt to perform decently with my ward choir? Well, this month I decided to repent of my neglect, and started holding regular choir practices again. The pianist wisely dissuaded me from singing in unison, and I chose a couple of Christmas songs to begin with. Trust me, I chose the easiest songs from the LDS hymnbook. And now the most unbelievable thing has happened: a lot of people have showed up for practice (the most I've had in those practices, actually), and we're singing all 4 parts...beautifully!! It is a Christmas miracle indeed.

My logical reasoning then leads me to the following conclusion: if you're not doing so well in a particular calling, abandon it for 3 months, and then amazing things will happen.

No comments: