Jul 11, 2010

Harder than rock

During my time as a missionary, I turned a 10-people unison "choir" into a 30+ 3-part district choir, in a matter of 2 months. I consider that one of the miracles I have witnessed in my lifetime. However, I had a wonderful musical companion and the strong influence of the Holy Ghost.

Why was I just reminiscing about those marvelous mission times? Because around 3 months ago, I was called as the choir director for my ward. We sang our first number a few weeks later during sacrament meeting, and it was a hit. People kept asking me how to join. I thought I was blessed to have yet another miracle in my hands. But fate, as usual, seems to hate me. Today we had our first rehearsal since that day (I was on a very long summer trip), and I felt like crying my heart out. But, never fear, I have come up with the perfect solution: we will keep singing songs in unison, and everything will be fine.

I was going to turn this into an awesome choir. Yeah, right, what was I thinking?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant blog, I hadn't come across allkatsgotoheaven.blogspot.com previously in my searches!
Continue the wonderful work!