1. I was invited to attend a corporate brunch for mothers. I had zero expectations as they were giving away prizes. But when they announced the “Mother of the Year,” I was shocked when they called my number. I couldn’t believe my luck had finally changed. I mean, I NEVER win anything. When I opened the gift, though, I realized my luck still sucked: I “won” a set of kitchen utensils.
2. As a special treat for mom, our ward Mother’s day celebration included a whole 30 minutes of mariachis singing songs I have never heard of. I don’t particularly favor mariachis, either.
3. I was one of “those” moms who wore a homemade brooch during all of the Sunday meetings. Thank you, Young Women.
4. My husband prepared three delicious meals for me during the day. That was no different from any other day, since he always does the cooking.
5. On the positive side, my husband spent about three hours making me a presentation/video about my top motherhood moments, I got to spend the afternoon with my mom, and my son kept asking for my arms all day. I finally understand what all the fuzz about this celebration is about.