Apr 11, 2010

Unfulfilled prophesy?

A couple of months before I moved to Vegas, I quit my job as a professor, and started working as a freelance teacher at a language school, teaching...guess what? Yeah, English. I loved working there, because most of my colleagues had very interesting backgrounds. They were from or had lived in many different parts of the world, and hanging out with them was always exciting.

I used to talk a lot with the guy who was my immediate supervisor; he was a unique character, and I suspect he had a crush on me...but I could be wrong. Anyway, when I told him I was only going to work for them until the end of July, he seemed very disappointed (I have been blessed with the gift of public speaking, which makes me an awesome teacher...sorry, I didn't mean to sound pretentious there). When I told him I was moving to Vegas to go to school, his face twisted into a sarcastic grin, and said: "Vegas is going to eat you alive."

HUH!! I proved him wrong!! Or did I?

No comments: