Apr 18, 2010

While waiting for the bus...

The craziest things in life happen in bus stops. If you have never ridden one; man, are you missing on a lot of exciting experiences! On my last bus trip here in Vegas, I was so excited that I was going to get my car. Destiny, apparently, sensed how memorable that occassion was, too, and decided to give me one more creepy experience. The following is a true account of what happened to me next.

I had to transfer buses, and I got off at a central bus station. My next bus had already left, so I had to wait for almost 30 minutes. As I was walking around, a strange-looking man stood in front of me and said: "Que bonita estas!" I stared back and said nothing. He then said: "Hablas español?" I realized I had blown my cover when I said "No". However, I refused to say anything else. He kept flirting with me in Spanish, while I kept insisting I couldn't understand him and moved away.

I walked over to a bench in front of my bus door, and sat down to read. Once, I looked up from the book, and noticed the same man seating on a bench next to me, staring. Realizing how blessed I was for being in the midst of a very populated place, I tried to focus on my reading again. Happily, the bus came not long afterwards, and as I got in line to get on it, creepy man stood 3 feet away from me, and kept saying how I was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen, while I cursed all ignorant men in my head. Never before had I been happier to get on a bus than that day, and never before had I seen my cute white Impala as one of the largest blessings in my life.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Too bad you weren't reading a Spanish book