Jan 2, 2011

Silence...Gods sleeping

In August last year, I went to Chicago. As part of the eclectic tour of town that I got, my friend decided to take me to an Indian temple in the vicinity of her house.

The first thrill of that trip was when the tour guide inside the temple told us to take our shoes off! As it was very hot, any excuse to remove pieces of clothing, even if only my shoes, was welcome.

As he gathered the group round about him, he proceeded to ask me from what part of India I was. As the Indians' English accent always baffles me, my only response was staring back, while my friend graciously answered for me, that I was, in fact, not an Indian citizen.

The temple was really cute. The detailed handiwork of the sculpted walls and ornaments was amazing. However, imagine my disappointment when walking downstairs to meet the gods and goddesses of the Indian people, and instead finding signs all over that said that they were taking a nap, and that we should come back in a couple of hours if we wanted to see them. Thinking about it, that was rude of us, to visit them during lunch hours.


PS: On a very spiritual note, may I just add that I'm glad my Heavenly Father, my God, never sleeps, and is always there for me.

No comments: