Jan 16, 2011

On New Year Resolutions

Yes, I have them every year, but I usually don't forget about them after a couple of months. I forget about them right away. Nothing like setting your mind on something, and then let something else take over. Anyway, I believe it's hard to foresee your life for the next 12 months; things change so quickly, and you'll always need to adapt. So these resolutions should be reviewed on a monthly basis - my humble opinion.

I'm private enough not to post my resolutions here. However, I came up with a list of cynical resolutions, which I am comfortable sharing with you. I hope I can inspire some of you.

Kat's 2011 Resolutions

1. Learn a stupid new word every week. For example, today I learned "paspar", which launched a laughter attack when I first heard it, but it's an actual South American expression (I checked) - the language is irrelevant -.
2. Laugh at myself frequently. Not a difficult task when you're as clumsy as I am.
3. Not watch TV for more than 7 hours at a time.
4. Decide to which foreign country I will be moving to by the end of this year or beginning of the next one. Any suggestions as to this issue are welcome.
5. Drool over at least 3 different hot guys every week. My sight needs to be refreshed every so often.
6. Not eat like a pig every time I finish a fast.
7. Take my vitamins every day.
8. Stop stalking people. Have less restraining orders issued than last year.
9. Quit the murder plans I have for a couple of guys I met last year. Settle for emotional blackmail.
10. Try and be less cynical.

No comments: