Aug 1, 2010

Misunderstanding

I will now write a story that's not my own but that it's worth sharing with the world, as you will soon realize. Disclaimer: the following story contains sensitive material regarding illegal immigrants. If you feel strongly against them, as do I, please refrain from reading, as I will never disclose their true identities (as much as I disagree with what they are doing, I still get along with them; I am that much of an angel).

My friend, Maria Encarnacion de los Angeles (of course the name has been changed, no one in their right mind would keep such a name) came to the US on a tourist visa, but decided to stay after her permit expired. Her husband, Guadalupe Natividad Asuncion, however, was a legal resident. Once, they were cruising around Kansas City (of course, these details have been changed as well), and Lupe was being a reckless driver, as usual when it comes to men (Hey, don't hate me; it's the truth). He was dying to get ahead of this slow driver in front of their lane, and was dreaming of a million mean things he could do to get him out of the way. Encarnacion, being the mature lady that she is, kept telling Lupe to keep his cool. 'You never know,' she said, 'it might be the police, and you know I can't afford to get pulled over by the police.'

Eventually, after Lupe's pressure went up to around 800, and one of the veins on his forehead threatened to pop at any minute, they passed the driver who, for Lupe, had come from the deepest pits of hell. As they passed the car, Lupe asked Encarnacion to check if it was, in fact, a police car. Encarnacion sighed in relief as she exclaimed, 'No, we're lucky, it's not the police, but it says BOR-DER-PA-TROL.'

No comments: