Aug 22, 2010

13...bad luck?

I have embarked on an adventure to know, and go inside, as many LDS temples as possible. The updated list, so far, looks like this, in no particular order:

1. San Jose Costa Rica
2. Guatemala City Guatemala
3. Mexico City Mexico
4. Denver Colorado
5. Las Vegas Nevada
6. St. George Utah
7. Jordan River Utah
8. Salt Lake City Utah
9. Bountiful Utah
10. Provo Utah
11. Oquirrh Mountain Utah
12. Chicago Illinois
13. Nauvoo Illinois

The list stops there. Not that I'm superstitious, but since we drove exactly into a dark glooming storm, and feared for my life, on last Friday the 13th (on our way to Nauvoo, I may add, which is probably why we survived; it was a holy endeavor), I can't help but think I need to make that number 14 soon, and real soon. So I'm planning a quick one-day trip to the closest new temple to me; I was thinking Snowflake, Reno or Manti, whichever is closer. I still wonder if 13 is an unlucky number when counting temples, though.

No comments: