Dec 11, 2011

Today I was reminded of a John Grisham's book

Can you imagine my excitement when I got this email this morning?

"This proposed settlement ("Settlement") is on behalf of a nationwide class of consumers (the "Class") who (1) purchased tickets on Ticketmaster's website, www.ticketmaster.com ("the Website") between October 21, 1999 and October 19, 2011 (the "Class Period"), (2) paid money to Defendant Ticketmaster for an Order Processing Fee ("OPF") that was not refunded, (3) did not and do not opt-out of the Class, and (4) were residents of one of the fifty United States at the time of their purchase".


At this point, I was angered I didn't buy more ticket shows through Ticketmaster.  What was I thinking, trying to get a discount for locals or students for quite expensive Vegas shows? I should have gone the traditional way, and use Ticketmaster at all times.  But then I read my "Summary of your legal rights and options":


"If you take no action (of course I will take no action), and the settlement is approved by the Court (I will be praying for that), you will automatically receive, via email at the most recent email address associated with your purchases on Ticketmaster.com, discount codes ("Codes") which can be used for future purchases for U.S. events (I'm getting credit?! C'mon, it can't get worse than this) from Ticketmaster's Website (except for events at venues owned or operated by AEG as set forth in the Settlement Agreement). For each transaction that you made during the Class Period, you will receive one code via email for a $1.50 discount (wow, what a fortune!), up to a maximum of 17 codes (I'm glad I only made 4 transactions with you, I wouldn't want all that money to go to my head)... The Codes may be combined up to a maximum of two credits ($3.00) that may be applied on future transactions as described above (seriously, Ticketmaster, what a great deal!).

No comments: