Apr 6, 2011

Have you ever driven in the rain/snow without windshield wipers?

I have. Crazy weekend in Utah it was.

Today, Sunday, April 10th, I want to elaborate a bit more.  As we were driving to Cedar Hills from SLC on Saturday evening, it started pouring. Suddenly, the left wiper breaks, and we're in the middle of the highway.  We get off, and into Ikea's parking lot (we went inside the store and bought some cholocate, we owed it to the store ;) and found out there was an Auto Zone not far from there, but we had to get on the highway again.  At one point, we stopped at a red light, and my driver friend decided he could wipe the windshield with a tissue while we waited. So he courageously took his left arm out the window, and cleared a whole square inch from the very bottom, which was of course, useless. Still, he felt he had been succesful, until the light turned green again.  Then, a stroke of genius hit me (yeah, those happen to me sometimes), and since the right wiper still worked, I kept giving him directions, until we finally got to the Auto Zone.

Through all of this near-death ordeal, our other friend was sleeping peacefully in the back.

No comments: