Apr 10, 2011

Debunking myths about women

I'm not the observant type. But even I have noticed some untruth in a couple of general conceptions about us ladies.

First of all, women do not take longer than men to get ready.  I have two brothers, and I was always the first out the door on Sundays before Church.  Men are even more obsessed with hair than women are, judging by the amount of product they put on before leaving their house.  I mean, I forget to brush my hair most days, but since my hair always has that despeinada look, most people cannot tell.  How much longer would it take men if they had to wear makeup, wear pantyhose, or had long hair?  Seriously, guys, how long does it take to put on a tie? Or to find the best socks to match those black slacks? Note: the rule does apply to a Friday night out.  It takes us forever to figure out which outfit disguises best our imperfections, and don't get me started on accesories.

Second and last, men love gossip as much as, if not more, than women. I don't mean to sound discriminatory in any way, but Mexican women may be the only ones to who this formula applies. And what is the deal with novelas? Seriously, have you not anything better to do with your time? I mean, read a little something, take a walk around the neighborhood to shed off the fat you just had for dinner.  Sorry this just turned into a hate post, novelas have that effect on me.

Keep posted on a future post about debunking Latin myths :)

No comments: