Feb 13, 2011

On weird behavior at church

As a note on last week's post, I want to let the world know I broke my diet on Friday night. Oh, yes, I had half a huge bucket of popcorn, and a whole box of Twilight Valentine candies, which said something like "Bite Me" and things of the sort. Eating a piece of Edward like that alone, was very well worth it. Yesterday I repented and got back on track, although I have now vowed to cut my misery short by two and a half weeks. No way I'd keep torturing myself like this, and my blood needs chocolate.

So, today, a quick tour through not very saint-like behavior at church I've noticed lately. In order of strangeness:

1. This man, in his early forties maybe, skinny as a stick with hair, was crossing his legs, and not caring that his pants were at knee-length. I guess he didn't mind the rest of the congregation noticing his legs, not that there was much to show.
2. A teenage kid, son of the aforementioned man, who kept reading "The Heir of the Wizard" during all of sacrament meeting. Not once did he lift up his eyes from what I can tell, was a wonderful book. He must have read at least through half of it during that hour and 15 minutes.
3. A few ladies in different meetings, clipping their nails like they have no other care in the world...in the middle of the silence that sacrament sometimes is.
4. And now, for the winner, a girl in her mid-thirties (single, may I add), trimming her eyebrows in Relief Society...with her hand!! I can only imagine how long those things were if she was able to grasp them like that.
5. There was also this super cute girl who was visiting another ward, and kept looking around for weird behavior at church, instead of being reverent and learning at Church. Uhhh...

No comments: