May 23, 2010

Dirty Dancing

Last night a friend dragged me to a dance for old people. The most attractive man there was the DJ, who didn't seem that old. I, of course, approached him and we exchanged a few words. He's not married, so cross your fingers; with my love of music, a DJ and me would be a match made in heaven. One of the few songs I recognized was The Hustle, and not much else. I wonder if Grandma would have enjoyed this dance a lot more than me. Great self-esteem booster, though. I feel soooo young now.

Such an activity could never be boring, even if I wasn't dancing. This people have a strange affinity for extremely large dancing circles (I'm talking about 30 or more people occupying half the dance floor), and watching old men trying to breakdance is priceless. I will go to one of these dances again, oh yeah, and next time I am bringing my video camera.

PS: On some very exciting news, my @ is finally working again! Don't ask me how.

No comments: