Jun 6, 2010

More important than life itself

I came back from Austin last night. As I was in line to board my first plane, I panicked as I realized I did not have my cellphone with me. Then I remembered where I had left it...in Austin, of course. Considering my love for lists, here is my latest one:

Why not having a cellphone is the worst thing that can happen

1. All my numbers are stored in my phone. I don't know anybody's number but mine. How could I call someone in Austin to ask about my phone?
2. How the heck was I going to get a ride back home, if I didn't remember my friend's number?
3. How am I going to wake up in the morning, if I can't set up my alarm?
4. A calculator is no longer at the tip of my hands. Am I supposed to do simple arithmetic operations by myself now?
5. How are people supposed to contact me? And how can I call anyone, on that matter?

I can safely assume that if it wasn't because of facebook, I could just simply disappear from social interactions altogether. Why couldn't I just leave my passport? That would have been more convenient.

However, do not fear. My precious is coming back to me sometime this week. Thank goodness!

No comments: