Nov 25, 2009

A life of crime

Well, it didn't take me long to be seduced by Sin City. After I returned from a fruitful souvenir shopping trip, I gasped as I realized I had a Las Vegas 2010 calendar in my purse that I hadn't paid for. I had shoplifted!! As any criminal would have done, I justified my doings. Well, I hadn't really meant to, it was not that expensive an item anyway, and I had many things to do, so there was no time to go back to the store and pay for it. Couldn't I just give a 5 dollar bill to a homeless person and call it even? However, I believe in a divine version of karma. Hence, fearing my love life (one of my major concerns in life) might be in jeopardy, I decided to go all the way back to the store, admit my crime and face the consequences. But as I entered the store, I saw a long line of people at the register, and feared for my reputation, so I strolled about the aisles, and then casually headed to the register, where I paid for the darned calendar. It was such an adrenaline rush.
Hopefully, my love life is safe now.

No comments: